Provincial Third Party Advertising Sponsors
Third party sponsors are individuals or organizations that sponsor election advertising separately from political parties and candidates. There are rules they must follow during the pre-campaign and campaign periods outlined in the Election Act.
Third party advertising sponsors must:
- register with Elections BC before sponsoring any advertising,
- include their name and contact information on all advertising,
- only accept sponsorship contributions from individuals who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents residing in B.C., and obtain written confirmation and consent prior to using the contribution for election advertising (see sample form),
- not accept sponsorship contributions from a single contributor in excess of the annual limit, and
- file disclosure statements with Elections BC.
For more information see our Forms and Guides pages and List of Registered Provincial Third Party Advertising Sponsors.
For information on the advertising rules for political parties and candidates, refer to the Provincial Electoral Financing FAQs.