Constituency Associations

Constituency associations are organizations formed to support political parties or independent MLAs within an electoral district.

Constituency associations must register with Elections BC in order to issue tax receipts, incur election expenses, or transfer money, goods or services to its registered political party or candidates. They must also comply with the reporting and financing requirements of the Election Act, including the filing of annual, election and deregistration financial reports.

How to Register

To register as a constituency association in B.C., the organization must submit a registration package. For details, see the Constituency Association Guide to Registration on our Guides page and the Constituency Association Registration forms on our Forms page.

To file financial reports, see the Constituency Association Annual Financial Report forms and Constituency Association Election Financing Report forms on our Forms page. You can also find financial agent information on our Financial Agents page.