Local Elections Candidates
Candidates in Local Elections:
- Can only accept campaign contributions from someone who is a resident of B.C. and a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
- Contributions are limited to $1,224.60 per year per campaign to an unendorsed candidate. As an exception, an unendorsed candidate may contribute an additional $1,200 to their own campaign in the calendar year of the election.
- Contributions are limited to $1,224.60 in total to each campaign of an elector organization and its endorsed candidates. As an exception, a group of candidates endorsed by the same elector organization can make additional contributions up to $1,200 to the elector organization in the calendar year of the election.
- Must not spend more than the expense limits.
- Candidate expense limits
- Interest rates for permissible loans
- Guide to Local Elections Campaign Financing in B.C. for Candidates and their Financial Agents (PDF)
- Candidate forms
- Campaign account letter for savings institutions
- Local Elections FAQs
For a list of candidates disqualified from seeking office until after the 2022 General Local Elections, click here.
2018 General Local Elections – Candidates
The 2018 General Local Elections disclosure statements of candidates, elector organizations and third party advertising sponsors are available for public inspection at Elections BC, Suite 100 – 1112 Fort Street or online in the Financial Reports and Political Contributions system.