Local Elections Candidates
Elections BC does not administer candidate nominations for local elections in B.C. The nomination period for the 2018 General Local Elections is September 4 to 14, 2018. For information about becoming a candidate in a local election, contact the local Chief Election Officer.
Candidates in the 2018 General Local Elections:
- Can only accept campaign contributions from someone who is a resident of B.C. and a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
- Contributions are limited to $1,200 per year per campaign to an unendorsed candidate or $1,200 in total to each campaign of an elector organization and its endorsed candidates.
- Must not spend more than the expense limits.
- Must file a disclosure statement with Elections BC by January 18, 2019.
2018 General Local Elections – Candidates
Candidate nominations for the 2018 General Local Elections closed at 4 p.m. on September 14, 2018. As Elections BC receives information about candidates from local jurisdictions it is published and updated daily. A final list of candidates will be available the week of September 17, 2018.
- Candidate expense limits
- Guide to Local Elections Campaign Financing in B.C. for Candidates and their Financial Agents (HTML, PDF)
- Information Presentation for Candidates and their Financial Agents
- Candidate forms
- Campaign account letter for savings institutions
- Advertising guidelines for incumbent candidates
For a list of candidates disqualified from seeking office until after the 2018 General Local Elections, click here.