Local Elections Candidates
The 2018 General Local Elections disclosure statements of candidates, elector organizations and third party advertising sponsors are available for public inspection at Elections BC, Suite 100 – 1112 Fort Street or online in the Financial Reports and Political Contributions system.
The filing deadline for disclosure statements was 4:30 p.m. on Friday, January 18, 2019. Late reports may be filed by February 19, 2019 with a late filing fee of $500. If you have questions or need assistance completing a disclosure statement, contact us at 1-855-952-0280 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates in the 2018 General Local Elections:
- Can only accept campaign contributions from someone who is a resident of B.C. and a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
- Contributions are limited to $1,200 per year per campaign to an unendorsed candidate or $1,200 in total to each campaign of an elector organization and its endorsed candidates.
- Must not spend more than the expense limits.
2018 General Local Elections – Candidates
Candidate nominations for the 2018 General Local Elections closed at 4 p.m. on September 14, 2018.
- Candidate expense limits
- Guide to Local Elections Campaign Financing in B.C. for Candidates and their Financial Agents (HTML, PDF)
- Information Presentation for Candidates and their Financial Agents
- Candidate forms
- Campaign account letter for savings institutions
- Advertising guidelines for incumbent candidates
For a list of candidates disqualified from seeking office until after the 2018 General Local Elections, click here.