Local Third Party Advertising Sponsors
The 2018 General Local Elections disclosure statements of candidates, elector organizations and third party advertising sponsors are available for public inspection at Elections BC, Suite 100 – 1112 Fort Street or online in the Financial Reports and Political Contributions system.
The filing deadline for disclosure statements was 4:30 p.m. on Friday, January 18, 2019. Late reports may be filed by February 19, 2019 with a late filing fee of $500. If you have questions or need assistance completing a disclosure statement, contact us at 1-855-952-0280 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Third party advertising is any election advertising not sponsored by a candidate or elector organization. Third party advertising sponsors in the 2018 General Local Elections must:
- register with Elections BC before conducting any advertising,
- include their name and contact information on all advertising,
- not sponsor advertising on behalf of, or together with, a candidate or elector organization, and
- not spend more than the expense limits.
Campaign and assent voting communications transmitted before the campaign period are not election advertising so are allowed and do not require sponsorship information.
2018 General Local Elections Registered Third Party Sponsors
- Registered Third Party Sponsors – Organizations (PDF)
- Registered Third Party Sponsors – Individuals (PDF)
- Third Party Sponsor Expense Limits
- Guide for Local Elections Third Party Sponsors in B.C. (HTML, PDF)
- Information Presentation for Third Party Advertising Sponsors
- Third Party Sponsor Registration and Disclosure Statement Forms
- 2018 General Local Elections - Know the Advertising Rules