Local Third Party Advertising Sponsors
Third party advertising is any election advertising not sponsored by a candidate or elector organization. Third party advertising sponsors in Local Elections must:
- register with Elections BC before conducting any advertising,
- include their name and contact information on all advertising,
- not sponsor advertising on behalf of, or together with, a candidate or elector organization, and
- not spend more than the expense limits.
Campaign and assent voting communications transmitted before the campaign period are not election advertising so are allowed and do not require sponsorship information.
- Third Party Sponsor Expense Limits
- Guide for Local Elections Third Party Sponsors in B.C. (PDF)
- Third Party Sponsor Registration and Disclosure Statement Forms
- Local Elections FAQs
2018 General Local Elections Registered Third Party Sponsors
The 2018 General Local Elections disclosure statements of candidates, elector organizations and third party advertising sponsors are available for public inspection at Elections BC, Suite 100 – 1112 Fort Street or online in the Financial Reports and Political Contributions system.