Local Third Party Advertising Sponsors
Third party advertising is any election advertising not sponsored by a candidate or elector organization. Third party advertising sponsors in the 2018 General Local Elections must:
- register with Elections BC before conducting any advertising,
- include their name and contact information on all advertising,
- not sponsor advertising on behalf of, or together with, a candidate or elector organization,
- not spend more than the expense limits, and
- file a disclosure statement with Elections BC by January 18, 2019.
Campaign and assent voting communications transmitted before the campaign period are not election advertising so are allowed and do not require sponsorship information.
2018 General Local Elections Registered Third Party Sponsors
- Registered Third Party Sponsors – Organizations (PDF)
- Registered Third Party Sponsors – Individuals (PDF)
- Third Party Sponsor Expense Limits
- Guide for Local Elections Third Party Sponsors in B.C. (HTML, PDF)
- Information Presentation for Third Party Advertising Sponsors
- Third Party Sponsor Registration and Disclosure Statement Forms
- 2018 General Local Elections – Know the Advertising Rules