Electoral districts (also known as ridings or constituencies) are geographic areas defined in the Electoral Districts Act. Each electoral district is represented by a Member of the Legislative Assembly (MLA).
There are currently 87 electoral districts in British Columbia.
Maps for the 2017 Provincial General Election
- 2017 Provincial General Election – British Columbia Electoral District Explorer (BCEDE)
- Explore the electoral boundaries used in the 2017 Provincial General Election through an HTML5 supported browser.
- 2017 Provincial General Election – Wall Map of Electoral Districts (PDF)
- A large, two-sided provincial map showing all 87 electoral districts, as well as selected areas of the province.
- 2017 Provincial General Election – Electoral District Maps
- Small maps each showing a single electoral district.
- 2017 Provincial General Election – Voting Area Maps
- Large, detailed maps showing the voting area boundaries within each electoral district.
- 2017 Provincial General Election – Location Index (PDF)
- An index of locations (municipalities, communities, post-secondary campuses, hospitals, etc.) within British Columbia. The index is sorted by location name and electoral district.
GIS Spatial Data Files*
- Spatial data for electoral boundaries can be obtained through DataBC’s Data Warehouse. For a complete listing of available datasets including; shape files, kml files and conversion tables, please visit Elections BC’s page within the Data Catalogue.
* Elections BC does not warrant or guarantee the accuracy or reliability of spatial data when used in conjunction with other spatial data. The GIS spatial data files should not be used to determine a voter’s electoral district or voting area.
Contact Elections BC for maps and products from the 1989, 1999, and 2008 Redistributions.
BC Stats provides 2011 Census data by electoral district:
BC Electoral Boundaries Commission
The BC Electoral Boundaries Commission issued its final report on September 24, 2015. Visit the commission’s website for more information about the commission, and to view the changes that occurred in this electoral district redistribution.