Referendum Advertising Sponsors
Referendum advertising sponsors are individuals or organizations that conduct referendum advertising separate from opponent and proponent groups.
- Guide for Referendum Advertising Sponsors (PDF)
- Currently registered referendum advertising sponsors (PDF)
The campaign period for the referendum is July 1 to November 30, 2018. Individuals or organizations that sponsor advertising about the referendum during this period have rules to follow. They must:
- Register with Elections BC before sponsoring any advertising
- Include their name and contact information on all advertising
- Only accept referendum contributions from individuals who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents residing in B.C., and obtain confirmation and consent prior to using the contribution for referendum advertising – a sample form is available here (PDF)
- Limit contributions received from any one eligible individual to $1,200
- Not spend more than $200,000 on referendum advertising
- File disclosure statements with Elections BC
If you have questions about the rules or how to register as a referendum advertising sponsor, contact Elections BC at 1-800-661-8683 or email@example.com.
Financial Disclosure Reports
The Electoral Reform Referendum 2018 Act and its regulation requires registered referendum advertising sponsors to file initial and subsequent disclosure reports with Elections BC. The referendum initial and subsequent disclosure reports are posted here.
Referendum advertising sponsor forms
- Referendum Advertising Sponsor Application for Registration (420)
- Appointment of Auditor for 2018 Referendum on Electoral Reform (4017)
Contribution Disclosure Report Forms:
- Initial Disclosure Report (F-TPS(I)Ref)
- Subsequent Disclosure Report (F-TPS(S)Ref)
- Referendum Contributions with a Total Value Greater than $250 (S-A(b)Ref)