Media Advisory: 2018 Interim Financial Reports Available
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
February 4, 2019
VICTORIA – Political party interim financial reports for July 1 to December 31, 2018 are now available.
Political contribution data
- BC Green Party – https://bit.ly/2WfnBix
- BC Liberal Party – https://bit.ly/2DxyDs8
- BC NDP – https://bit.ly/2RPplR8
- BC Green Party – https://bit.ly/2HxGA4z
- BC Liberal Party – https://bit.ly/2MuQJhn
- BC NDP – https://bit.ly/2S4ClkX
Registered political parties that are eligible to receive an annual allowance are required to file interim financial reports with the Chief Electoral Officer. Under the Election Act, a party is eligible to receive an annual allowance if, in the most recent general election, it received at least 2% of valid votes cast province-wide, or at least 5% of valid votes cast in the electoral districts in which the party endorsed candidates.
The deadline for filing reports for the interim period ending December 31, 2018 was January 30, 2019. These reports are required to contain the following information:
- political contributions accepted during the interim reporting period
- transfers of money or other property or services given or received during the interim reporting period
- prohibited political contributions received during the interim reporting period but returned to the contributor or paid to the Chief Electoral Officer
Three registered political parties were required to file interim financial reports. All reports were received by the deadline.
Elections BC is the independent, non-partisan Office of the Legislature responsible for administering electoral processes in British Columbia under the Election Act, Local Elections Campaign Financing Act, Recall and Initiative Act and Referendum Act.