Provincial By-election Workers – Nanaimo
Be part of a diverse team to serve democracy in British Columbia.
Join an innovative and recognized leader in electoral administration.
A provincial by-election is underway in the Nanaimo electoral district. The District Electoral Officer (DEO) requires by-election officials to work at voting places on General Voting Day, Wednesday January 30, 2019.
You may be an ideal person to help administer the by-election if you enjoy:
- participating in the democratic process
- short-term, temporary work
- working with a wide variety of people
- being part of a province-wide team
Most positions work one day (General Voting Day), but there may be opportunities for several days of work.
To learn more about the positions available, review the election official job descriptions here.
Important items to note about these job opportunities:
- The minimum age to work is 15 years, and applicants must be legally entitled to work in B.C.
- Work will be available in the Nanaimo electoral district only. You do not have to be a resident of the Nanaimo electoral district to apply. However, Elections BC does not reimburse for travel expenses to and from work. If you are not a resident of the Nanaimo electoral district, please be sure you live within commuting distance of the electoral district prior to applying.
- To view a map of the Nanaimo electoral district, click here.
To apply for this temporary opportunity:
- Review the election official job descriptions here.
- Apply in person with a brief resume at the district electoral office.
The office is located at:
#201 – 65 Front Street, Nanaimo, B.C., V9R 5H9
9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday to Friday
10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday
PLEASE NOTE: Applications received will be reviewed by the DEO, who will make hiring decisions. Submission of an application does not guarantee employment.
Elections BC is a non-partisan Office of the Legislature responsible for administering electoral processes in British Columbia in accordance with the Election Act, Local Elections Campaign Financing Act, Recall and Initiative Act and Referendum Act.
Elections BC is committed to diversity and inclusion in our workplace. To support this, we welcome diversity throughout our organization.
Elections BC | 1-800-661-8683 | elections.bc.ca