A leadership contestant is an individual seeking the leadership of a registered political party. Leadership contestants must appoint an individual to act as their financial agent, or act as their own financial agent, and file a financing report with Elections BC after a leadership contest.
There are no expense limits for leadership contestants under the Election Act. However, parties may establish limits for their contestants. Elections BC is not responsible for administering these limits.
Tools for leadership contestants
- Leadership Contestant Appointment of Auditor (PDF)
- Leadership Contestant Appointment of Financial Agent (PDF)
- Leadership Contestant Appointment of Deputy Financial Agent (PDF)
Leadership Contestant Financing Report
- Leadership Contestant Financing Report Completion Guide (PDF)
- Leadership Contestant Financing Report Forms