Local Elections Disclosure Information
Under the Local Elections Campaign Financing Act, all candidates, elector organizations, third party advertising sponsors and non-election assent voting advertising sponsors must file a disclosure statement with Elections BC.
A disclosure statement discloses all campaign contributions, election expenses, transfers, surplus funds and other transactions related to a local election or assent voting. Disclosure statements must be filed within 90 days after General Voting Day for a local election or assent voting. Disclosure statements may be filed for another 30 days (120 days after General Voting Day) but must be accompanied by a $500 late filing fee.
Searching disclosure statements and significant campaign contributors
The Financial Reports and Political Contributions (FRPC) system contains scanned images of all disclosure statements (including amendments) filed with Elections BC under the Local Elections Campaign Financing Act, beginning with those filed for the 2014 General Local Elections. Please contact your local jurisdiction for information about disclosure statements for local elections that took place before the 2014 General Local Elections.
The FRPC system also includes information about contributors who, during a general local election or by-election, made campaign contributions with a value of $100 or more to a candidate or elector organization. Other information includes the date and value of each contribution and the class of the contributor. If the contributor is an organization, the names of two directors or principal officials are also disclosed.
Contributions made to third party sponsors and non-election assent voting advertising sponsors are not campaign contributions as defined by LECFA and therefore are not included in the campaign contributions database.
Tools for Local Elections Participants
- Local Elections Advertising Sponsor Registration Forms
- Local Elections Candidate Disclosure Statement Forms
- Elector Organization Disclosure Statement Forms
- Local Elections Third Party Advertising Sponsor Disclosure Statement Forms
- Local Non-election Assent Voting Advertising Sponsor Disclosure Statement Forms
- Guide to Local Elections Campaign Financing in B.C. for Candidates, Elector Organizations and their Financial Agents (PDF)
- Third Party Sponsor Guide to Local Elections in B.C. (PDF)
- Guide for Local Non-election Assent Voting Advertising Sponsors in B.C. (PDF)
- Disclosure Statement Completion Guide for Local Elections Candidates (PDF)
- Disclosure Statement Completion Guide for Local Elections Elector Organizations (PDF)
- Disclosure Statement Completion Guide for Local Elections Third Party Sponsors (PDF)