Media Advisory: 2016 Annual Financial Reports Available
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 5, 2017
VICTORIA – The 2016 annual financial reports for registered political parties and registered constituency associations are available for public inspection at the office of the Chief Electoral Officer, Suite 100 – 1112 Fort St, Victoria and on the Elections BC website.
The deadline for filing the annual financial reports for the 2016 fiscal year with the Chief Electoral Officer was March 31, 2017. The reports are required to contain the following information on the 2016 financial activities of each registered political party and constituency association:
- political contributions accepted
- assets, liabilities, surplus or deficit as of December 31, 2016
- total dollar amount of income tax receipts issued
- transfers of money, goods or services received and given
- fundraising function information
- other income received and expenditures made
- loans and guarantees
A total of 118 reports were required to be filed by the March 31, 2017 deadline. All entities filed the required reports by the deadline, except:
- British Columbia Conservative Party
- British Columbia Peoples Party
- Land Air Water Party
- The Platinum Party of Employers Who Think and Act to Increase Awareness
These organizations may file their reports by June 29, 2017, if they are accompanied by a $100 late filing fee and, if required, an auditor’s report.
Elections BC’s Financial Reports and Political Contributions system allows the public to search and download political contribution data and view scanned images of financial reports filed under the Election Act.
Scanned reports (political party and constituency association
S-A1 political party political contribution data
S-A1-A political party political contribution data
S-A1 constituency association political contribution data
Elections BC is an independent, non-partisan Office of the Legislature responsible for administering electoral processes in B.C. in accordance with the Election Act, Local Elections Campaign Financing Act, Recall and Initiative Act, and Referendum Act.