Bring your business analysis experience to serve democracy in British Columbia.
Join an innovative and recognized leader in electoral administration.
Business Analyst (IS 21)
Competition # TA2018:02
Temporary, full-time until January 2020
Information Systems 21 – $56,478.64 to $64,337.78 annually
Location: Victoria, B.C.
Posting close date: Sunday May 27, 2018
Elections BC is looking for an experienced Business Analyst for an exciting temporary opportunity to support readiness for and delivery of electoral events. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a planning and learning organization where teams collaborate and innovate to find the best possible solutions. Elections BC is an organization that values integrity, accountability and transparency, and strives to recognize individual ability and creativity.
Technology is playing a growing role in electoral service delivery to address compliance, efficiency and service challenges. In partnership with our technology vendor, the Information Technology (IT) program area provides the information management systems, computer infrastructure and technical services for Elections BC, including many key computer applications for electoral administration. As one of our team of business analysts, you will work to deliver cost-effective information technology solutions to a variety of teams and business lines at Elections BC.
If you thrive on taking a leadership role in the design, development and implementation process for technology solutions; have team leadership skills to lead projects to implement and test systems; and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, we want to hear from you.
Elections BC is a non-partisan Office of the Legislature responsible for administering electoral processes in British Columbia in accordance with the Election Act, Local Elections Campaign Financing Act, Recall and Initiative Act, and Referendum Act.
To apply for this opportunity:
- Review the job description.
- Submit a cover letter and resume detailing your relevant work experience and qualifications. MS Word or .pdf format only.
- Include the position title and competition number in your cover letter or in the email subject line.
- Applications may be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail to:
PO Box 9275 Stn Prov Govt Victoria, B.C. V8W 9J6
- Regular employees of the BC Public Service hired under the Public Service Act may apply for this opportunity as a temporary appointment (TA).
- Successful applicants who are not currently regular employees of the BC Public Service will be hired as a temporary employee under the Election Act.
- An eligibility list may be established through this competition for similar vacancies in future temporary positions with Elections BC.
- Lesser qualified applicants may be appointed at a lower level.
- Due to the volume of applications received, Elections BC is unable to confirm receipt of applications.
Elections BC is committed to diversity and inclusion in our workplace. To support this, we welcome diversity throughout our organization.
Elections BC | 1-800-661-8683 | elections.bc.ca