Requesting a Vote by Mail package
Before requesting a Vote by Mail package please read the following:
Voters unable to attend their assigned voting place on General Voting Day have several options:
- Vote at any district electoral office until 4 p.m. (Pacific time) on May 9.
- Vote at advance voting April 29 to April 30 and May 3 to May 6.
- Advance voting places (PDF)
- Vote at any voting place on General Voting Day, May 9
- General voting places (PDF)
- Vote by mail by requesting a voting package.
Voters can vote by mail if any of the following conditions apply:
- You expect to be absent from B.C. on General Voting Day
- You have a physical disability, illness or injury, or your mobility is impaired
- You will not be able to attend a voting place due to your remote location, weather or another reason beyond your control
Voting packages within Canada will be sent via Express Post. Packages sent internationally will be sent via courier. Please include your email address on the request form. It will be used to send you a notification email when the package has been shipped, and a tracking number for your package.
It is your responsibility to ensure that your voting package is received by the district electoral office that issued the package before 8 p.m. (Pacific time) on May 9.
Packages received after the deadline cannot be counted. Packages should take approximately seven days to arrive by mail, but may take longer. While packages can be requested until 4 p.m. on May 9 under the Election Act, Elections BC cannot guarantee that you will receive your package in time to return it before the deadline.
If you are concerned that you may not have enough time to return your completed package before the deadline, please call Elections BC at 1-800-661-8683 to discuss other voting opportunities available to you.